Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Eve's Quilt

With the completion of a couple of secret seasonal projects I've been able to return to the medallion quilt I began with this panel:



The last time you saw it I believe it had grown to this stage:


I made more flying geese and surrounded the medallion one more time:


Obviously, I couldn't stop there!


At this point it will finish at about 60" square. I've come to like that size to use on my lap when we're watching movies on the couch so I believe I'll stop it here. I'm thinking I'll also use the border print for the binding. I actually have enough of it left over to do that!


I've already selected the primary print I'll use for the back too.


It's more yellow in person. I've been wanting to make a black and yellow quilt for some time now. Between the front and back of this one I may have satisfied that urge. Eve may not have been able to make a quilt in her day but this daughter of Eve has done so in her honor. 😊

6 comments:

  1. And it is going to be a fabulous quilt indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout, and perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve would have been very proud of such a wonderful quilt! More interesting ~ and much warmer! ~ than a fig leaf 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that backing fabric! You've made such a beautiful job of all those flying geese, wonderful fabric choices and perfect piecing. Eve would be proud of her daughter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job and I love that backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic medallion quilt! And what a treasure that backing fabric is - looks like you saved it for the perfect quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.