Sunday, October 13, 2019

Stitching Along in October

It's time for our tri-weekly check-in for this SAL. We each work on our own projects, not all on the same one like many SAL's. A lot of our participants do cross stitch. I tend to vacillate between surface embroidery and needlepoint. I have a little bit of both to share with you today. 😀

Last time I showed the progress I'd made on the pillow cover that has been my on-again, off-again project. This is how it looked then:


And this is how it looks now:


I freehanded the decoration of the pot (and it looks like it!).


The chevrons were made with stacked fly stitches.

I have a better idea now about how I'm going to work the background of this needlepoint canvas.


I'm content to just fill in the background with basketweave stitching but that might be boring for the eventual viewers. The floss from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe will provide a bit of interest due to the gradual shading inherent in the floss but I didn't think that would be enough. I debated whether to stitch in a spider web or to overstitch it after all the tent stitches are in place. I believe I'm going to do the latter. With a glow-in-the-dark thread. 😉

In the meantime I've chosen to stitch the perimeter with a slightly darker purple than I'll use for the bulk of the background.


You can see what the rest of the participants are working on by clicking on the links below. There's a wonderful variety of stitching going on. If you'd like the motivation that checking in every three weeks creates you can leave a note on Avis' blog and join the gang. Our next check-in will be on November 3.

AvisClaireGunCarole, ConstanzeChristinaKathyMargaretCindy
HelenLindaHeidiJackieSunnyHayleyMeganDeborah, Clare, 
Mary MargaretReneeJennyCarmelaJocelynSharonDaisyAnne


11 comments:

  1. Sue, your pot looks great! And I love the idea of a glow-in-the-dark spider web.The Ichabod Crane purple floss is perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embroidery is adorable and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hallowe'en project looks heaps of fun!
    claire93

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the purple, and your pot, I had a terracotta one for outdoors, and our daughter had painted it just like yours one is stitched. Lovely all over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pot looks like a hand painted one :-) Love the glow in the dark idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, well done on your fox project, looks great and I love your Halloween design, the glow in the dark will be fab x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the pot looks great the way it is, and a glow in the dark spider will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pillow case is coming along nice! I love that spooky guy and with a spider net it´s gonna be great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of the glow in the dark spider web... but I'm wondering how you're going to show us that in a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the freehand stitching on the pot on your foxy pillowcase! And I'm looking forward to seeing how you complete the background of your pumpkin friend -- I think glow-in-the-dark threads will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.