Sunday, November 27, 2016

Stitch Along Check-in

When last I showed you this small needlepoint Stitch & Zip case I'd only put in some of the background.


Since then I have begun to make the color changes I kept seeing in my mind's eye when I considered this project.


This is labeled as an English crown but I guess my Irish is coming through! Every time I looked at the design I saw an emerald green velvet cap surrounded by a framework of gold. I'm not quite sure what I'll do about the gem stones indicated. Since the background is white, pearls may be out of the running.

There are stitchers  around the world participating in this SAL. We check in every three weeks. It's amazing how helpful a deadline can be. If you'd like to get motivated in this way drop Avis an email. We're welcoming Helen to the group this time - welcome Helen!


See you in December!

11 comments:

  1. I like the idea of green

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Always do what your heart tells you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I'm not Irish, but I think the dark green is an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely progress. I haven't seen anything like this before. Unusual is good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind welcome Sue. I am hoping that the thought of showing my progress will be the spur I need make me move on some of my wips.
    Looking forward to seeing your work progress
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer your alternate colour scheme too! And emeralds and rubies would be in agreement with this Irish crown, I feel. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great with the green velvet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice progress. It is great that you are making this your own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot of fun! I was wondering what SAL meant. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Irish version! You've made a lot of progress this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, follow your heart :) It is going to be lovely

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.