I've been making 8" Sawtooth stars again. These particular stars were not part of my original Rainbow Scrap Challenge plans but cropped up when I won a lovely set of hand dyes from Vicki Welsh in one of the RSC drawings. The blues and aquas in the set prompted me to get out my other precious hand dyed fabrics and pair them up with batiks. I started by making this set of stars:
I believe I have more than just these by now. This seems to be the only picture I have of them however, and I'm sorry it's not a better one.
When I'd used up the light batik I was using for the backgrounds of these stars I had to figure out what to do next. There weren't enough blocks for a decent size quilt. Nor did I want to just slap a wide border around the stars. So I looked through my stash and came up with a lush brown batik. I've always liked the combination of rusty browns and blues.
But it's gorgeous with other colors too!
These are the stars I've made so far with 16 Patch centers. There's another set of stars on brown backgrounds that have whole cloth centers. My intention is to surround the light background blocks with these dark stars, thus creating that wide border I needed to bring the top up to size.
I need 14 of these stars altogether, so only a few more to go. That should see me through the month of October and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! I'm linking up with the other participants over at SoScrappy today. Go have a look and see what everyone else is doing; you won't be disappointed. :- )