I was a bad girl over the weekend. I went into our local Hobby Lobby late last week for something specific. Of course I found lots of other enticing things while I was there. One of them was another pre-finished coin or credit card case to needlepoint. I hadn't stitched one of those up in a long time. Since my shoulder injury last fall I haven't done much hand work at all. The bug bit hard when I brought that needlepoint kit home. I sat and stitched almost continuously all weekend. Guess who's having to pay the piper now? Yup, that would be me.
This is the kit I bought. If you look carefully you'll be able to see that all I have left to stitch are two corners. There are a few details that also need to be added with the black floss.
So this is what my work table currently looks like:
You can see that I've also been working on a new needle book cover. There was an influx of beads into my Nest recently too.Like I said, the handwork bug bit hard!
Here's a better look at what I've done so far on the needle book cover.
To create the cover of my needle books I foundation piece scraps onto a strip of Warm & Natural batting (mostly as a way to use up scraps of batting too), then embellish the surface with beads and stitching, then line the cover panel. I will use wool felt for the pages in which to park the needles. This project will also have to be put on hold for a bit while my arm heals up again. I'm real good at giving advice about being careful not to do too much too soon after surgery or an injury but obviously I'm not so good at taking my own advice!