Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Paying the Price

I was a bad girl over the weekend. I went into our local Hobby Lobby late last week for something specific. Of course I found lots of other enticing things while I was there. One of them was another pre-finished coin or credit card case to needlepoint. I hadn't stitched one of those up in a long time. Since my shoulder injury last fall I haven't done much hand work at all. The bug bit hard when I brought that needlepoint kit home. I sat and stitched almost continuously all weekend. Guess who's having to pay the piper now? Yup, that would be me.

This is the kit I bought. If you look carefully you'll be able to see that all I have left to stitch are two corners. There are a few details that also need to be added with the black floss.



So this is what my work table currently looks like:


You can see that I've also been working on a new needle book cover. There was an influx of beads into my Nest recently too.Like I said, the handwork bug bit hard!

Here's a better look at what I've done so far on the needle book cover.


To create the cover of my needle books I foundation piece scraps onto a strip of Warm & Natural batting (mostly as a way to use up scraps of batting too), then embellish the surface with beads and stitching, then line the cover panel. I will use wool felt for the pages in which to park the needles. This project will also have to be put on hold for a bit while my arm heals up again. I'm real good at giving advice about being careful not to do too much too soon after surgery or an injury but obviously I'm not so good at taking my own advice!

6 comments:

  1. That's a really cute little coin case. I can quite see why you got carried away. I know exactly what you mean by paying the price for your enthusiasm; my right hand and shoulder are both baying at me to stop, so it's a good job the next stage of my quilt is cutting and planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are in pain again. One step forwards, two steps back. It's a lovely coin purse though, and I love your needlebook cover. Patience.... it will still be there when you are ready to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so know your pain! I too can get obsessed and not stop when I ought to. Your works-in-progress are just lovely! That little bag is darling! I can see why you did "too much". I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to add my "I know what you mean" comment. I have been crocheting lately and can really feel the pull in my arms and hands. And yet I think, "Just one more row"....
    Sue, thank you so much for my mug mat. It is delightful and no way will I pass it on! It was a very thoughtful gift. I hope you enjoy using the sketchbook as much as I will enjoy your mat. x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome coin purse and green block. You are amazingly creative and inspiring to me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.