Monday, April 20, 2015

Helping Hands

It's time to check in with Hands2Help. To be honest, I haven't been working on my latest quilt for that specific challenge. I sewed the blocks into columns but didn't have the wherewithal to deal with creating the vertical sashes.


I thought I had a more recent picture too! Oh well. Since completing the Rusty Stars top (see previous post) I've been playing with the leftovers from that project.


There were a few blocks that didn't make it into the final flimsy.There was also more fabric leftover than I would have thought there could be. I started cutting patches for Ohio Stars, almost without thinking about it.


I was so preoccupied with these prints that I didn't make any new purple blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week.


That white on purple Shoo-fly you see on the lower right side of my design wall is a friendship block I received from a member of my local guild. Back in October it was my turn to put in my request. I handed out batik patches for the members to use as background, asking them to simply use a white-on-white print for a six inch Shoo-fly or Friendship Star block. They have until October of this year to fulfill my request, then I get to put the blocks together. :- )

So now I have a whole new set of rusty stars on my design wall. I'm thinking they will become a sister quilt to the quilt in the previous post. I tried to keep the blocks in that first top more masculine in tone. With this set I've allowed the floral prints to take over. It would be lovely to get the blocks set into a top this week. I have a mix of 12" and 9" blocks though, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make them all play together in one top (without traditional sashing). The last few days have been pretty challenging, mentally and emotionally. Nothing out-of-the-ordinary bad, just the cumulative effect of ongoing health issues. I'd appreciate any good thoughts, vibrations, or prayers you care to send my way. With your help I'll have something spectacular to show later this week!

5 comments:

  1. I just love your stars, and shoofly, and my favorite of all the old blocks, the churn dash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, we just have to work as the spirit moves us... I hope you'll be feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you're making excellent progress for not feeling well! I love your rusty stars - both the masculine and the feminine.

    Sending good vibes and happy thoughts your way! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs and good vibrations ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that this '''later in the week" message finds you feeling much more chipper. Your stars are wonderful.






    '

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.