Saturday, April 4, 2015

First Purples

I've mostly been working on more Sawtooth Stars since my last post (which do not have any purple in them) but I do have some purple blocks I can share for this Scrappy Saturday:


I confess to having made some of these before the onset of April and the announcement of purple as the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Once I'd begun making these Ohio Stars back in January it was a simple matter to just make another one when a remnant came to hand. I have a few made up in other colors too. We'll see whether they get included in the RSC for this year!

While I was at it I sewed up a pair of Weathervane blocks for the quilts I'll be making for my twin granddaughters. If I'm not mistaken there's at least one pair of bright pink rain boots in that household of four little girls. ;- )


Between the Weathervane blocks are a pair of Wrench blocks in purple prints. All of these purples are looking blue to me right now but maybe they'll be more purple on your computer screen. I'm linking up with the others scrappy quilt makers over at So Scrappy's blog. It's pretty fun to see all the different blocks that scraps are being turned into!

6 comments:

  1. I like the light on dark Sawtooth the best. The rain boots are delightful, just perfect. Purple is a difficult color to get true in photos, depending on your light source, but we can see your fine work regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely purple Ohio Star blocks. I especially like the reversed color one. I am sure all the colors will have a chance to play sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ohio Stars, and to see yours all in purple is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I like your blocks. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the way you are making different sized Ohio Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks. Cute boot print! Looking forward to see the granddaughter quilts come together.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.