Saturday, March 28, 2015

For the Love of Yellow

Today is the last Scrappy Saturday for yellow this year. I'm linking up with So Scrappy and all the other RSC players for this post.

First, a couple of my favorite yellows:


The daffodils are pretty obvious, but do you see Mr. Bingley in the background? I've been making strips of newspaper available to him to play with since I figure it's nesting season for canaries as well as the birds outside. (My poor bachelor is probably awfully frustrated, poor thing.)


I haven't seen anything resembling nest building but he does enjoy fiddling with the paper strips and carrying them from place to place in his cage.

Since I missed posting my yellow blocks last Saturday I've got a double dose for you today.


Yellow and black 12" Ohio Stars and a couple of 6" Barn Door blocks.



A couple more 12" Ohio Stars, some 6" Shoofly blocks, and one more Barn Door.



Three more Ohio Stars, a couple of 10" Wrench blocks, and assorted other scrap blocks (all 6" finished).

I have come up with a plan for using maybe one tenth of the 6" blocks in my Parts Department. Probably I'll do no more than use the equivalent number of blocks that will be made and put into the Parts Dept. in the same amount of time it takes me to make the quilt top but at least the drawer won't explode! Stay tuned for future developments. :- )

12 comments:

  1. I sure do like the Ohio star blocks, especially because of the good contrast, which makes them lively and stand out. Your canary is sweet, too. When i was very young we had one called Dickey, but he did not live very long. We,had a budgie that lived far too long,so my poor mother was stuck with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! lots of great yellow blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the blocks are great! But my favourite is the Ohio Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your yellow and black blocks. You were able to get quite a bit done. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks - I especially like that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful yellow block collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got lots of nice YELLOW blocks on the go! Here's hoping that April is a successful month for RSC sewing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you've got a plan for using some of your Parts! Blocks are lovely in isolation, but they really sing beautifully as a quilt. I think you must have received my share of Yellow Love when favourites were handed out. I really like what you've done here, but it's definitely not high on my list of must-use colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice yellow post. I am more interested in your MCS buttons. I am increasingly plagued by chemicals and fearful of the future as all my eejit neighbors fog for mosquitoes every three weeks. We are trying to find a new house but moving is awful and expensive. It all started with staining the house...
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color
    also allergic to batiks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice dashes of yellow, I like the black/yellow and yellow/black Ohio Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun star blocks from star fabric. I love your daffodils, they always cheer me up, signalling, as they do, the beginning of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Lots of wonderful yellow progress. Not to pull out some purple.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.