I almost can't believe how much I got done yesterday! The rows of Crown blocks sat for a couple of days but I finally sewed them together the day before yesterday.
This was one of three multicolor stripes I pulled from my stash. I liked it the best, and things just flowed from there.
I was so excited however, that I didn't think about the effect of using a diagonal seam to join the strips together.
I'm hoping that since my bindings end up so narrow that it won't be terribly noticeable in the final quilt. Or I may go to the trouble of cutting these joins out and replacing them with straight seams. It wouldn't be hard, or all that wasteful, but it would be time consuming. We'll just have to see how I feel when I get to that point.
Having the binding made propelled me to make a back. My first thought was to carry on with the black and white theme or use up some yardage of a black with white print that didn't get used on the front of the quilt. But then I remembered a couple of flannel pieces in my stash, pieces that I would have a hard time parting with...
They gave me the length I needed but I had to add something to the sides to get the width. Turns out this was a perfect opportunity to use that big Garden Divas print I'd been cherishing. :- )
Not only did I get the back and the binding made yesterday, I was also able to get the layers pin basted on the kitchen floor!
I even have a plan for the quilting, and the machine is all set up, ready to go. This is nothing short of remarkable!