I've been plugging away on the new set of chevron blocks. Unfortunately, I've had more difficult days than good ones lately so progress has been slow. In between the chevron blocks I've made a couple of friendship blocks for members of my local quilt guild. This first one is Card Trick. It will finish at 10.5 inches if I remember correctly.
The other request was for a Halloween themed block, any technique, finishing at 8 or 10 inches square. I had a hard time with this, even though at first I was very excited to make a Halloween block. After considering lots of possibilities I started piecing scraps of orange, yellow, and some orangey-red with the intention of making a free pieced pumpkin. The pumpkin is about three-quarters done but I got stuck at that point. When I wasn't feeling all that capable in the last few days I spent time looking through my inspiration clippings and came up with a new idea. This is the result:
I'm really very pleased with this witch's hat. : D
The scrap blocks are piling up on the design wall too.
The Shoo Fly and Broken Dishes are all six inch blocks, and the flying geese units will finish at 4 x 2 inches. It remains to be seen where they end up!