Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Between the Lines

My latest chevron block quilt top is done. Hurray! I'm calling it Between the Lines. It was big enough for me to have a hard time photographing it; it measures about 66 x 86 inches.


I took a few detail shots so you could get a better look at some of the text prints.





And here's another overall view. You ought to be able to double click on the pictures to make them really big.


This top will also go to my local quilt guild for quilting by another volunteer. Eventually it will be donated to an older child in our foster care system. And now I'm working on a third set of chevron blocks! After 20 years of building quilts out of pieced blocks I'm finally hooked on strips. They never held much interest for me previously. Actually, there seems to be an endless variety of designs you can do with this block and apparently I want to try them all. In fact, I've gotta go cut some more strips ... ;- )

5 comments:

  1. This is one fabulous quilt. I love your text prints and how you used them. Overlapping pages with pretty borders. Lucky kid who gets this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a WONDERFUL job with Between the Lines - So much to explore and appreciate.

    Have fun cutting more strips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you can part with this. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt top came out just fantastic! I love all the text prints you used. It's a very striking, graphic quilt. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.