I finally got the borders on the birthday quilt:
I'm really happy with the way the border pulls the blocks together. (You should be able to get a much larger version of the picture by clicking on it.)
This print comes as a very large stripe, about 10" wide, four to a width of the fabric. Two yards was just enough to go all the way around this top. It measures about 60" x 76" now. I used some dog and cat prints I've had for a while to create the back.
This is just a sampling of what's gone into the backing. I don't have a picture of the finished product yet but I think it turned out well. It was only as I was pressing the final seams of the back that it occurred to me that I may not have a piece of batting big enough for this quilt. Still have to look into that and then figure out what color or colors to use to tie the layers together.
And now that this is so close to being finished maybe I can get my beads back out and get busy on my ornament for March...