I have a picture for you of the pieced back for the birthday quilt:
I had to go out and buy batting but now I'm all set to baste the layers together (ugh). My plan is to tie this quilt but we all know how plans can change. ;- )
I have been puttering around, cutting scraps into patches and putting away leftover yardage. I even pulled some pieces from my stash to make pillowcases for Operation Pillowcase. This is an effort to make pillowcases for our military personnel serving overseas. I had a bit of a challenge in that the pieces I have that are big enough for a pillowcase tend to be too light in color or too juvenile. I think I have enough for four pillowcases at this point. Over on the OP blog there's a link to a video tutorial for making pillowcases that appears to be a much quicker and easier process than the directions I've used in the past. I'm looking forward to giving that technique a try.
My friend C~ made a great purchase recently at a going-out-of-business sale: 16 yards of this fun print:
She was williing to share her bounty; I now own about half of that yardage. Just for kicks I showed my new treasure to my DH. Turns out he really likes it! In a matter of minutes we decided I would use that print to back a new quilt for him and use selected skull and skeleton prints from my collection for the front. I haven't figured out yet what I'm going to do on the front but those are the kinds of puzzles I love to solve!
I've also had the opportunity to spend time with the granddaughters lately. The twins are doing very well. At six weeks old both weigh over 6 pounds and are 17.5" long. One is larger than her sister - always has been. Makes me wonder whether she always will be. It's beginning to look like they will not have the same hair either.