Friday, January 2, 2009

Marin Morrison

This dedicated, courageous young woman passed away this morning at the age of 18. There are lots of touching, heart-rending stories out there on any given day, but it was Marin's story that grabbed my heart and wouldn't let go. Perhaps because I used to swim competitively when I was her age. Not at her level, of course. And I doubt I would have perservered the way she did. When it became obvious that her life would be cut short her one dream was to live long enough to make it to Beijing to swim in the Paralympic games last year. She did it. And she had one last holiday season with her family and friends.

You can read more about Marin here.

3 comments:

  1. What a remarkable young woman she was, and thanks for sharing and reminding us of this. I am, once again, grateful that our Madeline, if we had to lose her, left us suddenly in an accident rather than after years of suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a whim this morning, I googled Marin Morrison, and was astonished by the number of hits I got. To see an announcement of her passing in a crafters blog was amazing. You see, Marin was also a crafter. She loved to scrapbook and make hats on a knitting spool. The hat she's wearing in the photo on your page is one she made. Thank you for taking the time to share about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helps to put things in perspective... thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.