Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Here's the block I made for the Quilt Pink challenge:


If I were to do it over again I would reverse the positions of the white challenge fabric and the muted floral print.

I finally decided to just chuck the second block I made. The design worked - mostly - but the values were misplaced in the block so the whole thing didn't read well. Live and learn! That will be one block I will not save for an orphan project. I may salvage part of it, but the bulk of it will go in the trash. (And I don't often throw fabric away!)

Speaking of orphan projects, here are a couple more placemats for DD and family:

This house block was from my earliest days as a quiltmaker. A couple of the fabrics in it are not 100% cotton and are very thin. I know better now! I added the strip of ribbon with hearts on it to dress the house up a bit and some scenery on either side to get the desired width for the placemat.

This Log Cabin block was donated for a charity quilt but must have been leftover after the quilt was made. Once again I only had to add a strip or two to bring it up to size. Good primary colors for Miss Margaret to learn her colors from!

Now I have to get back to those gifts I'm making. Holly pointed out that there are only 5 weeks until Christmas, and most of these gifts have to be shipped across country. Ack! Forgive me if I don't make it to your blog very often in the next couple of weeks! ;- )

1 comment:

  1. I tried to leave a comment here yesterday but blogger wasn't being nice and wouldn't cooperate. Those placemats are adorable. Perfect for a couple of wee ones. Will make eating all the more pleasurable. I like your flying geese block, too, just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.