Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

If I started listing all the things I'm grateful for on this Thanksgiving day I'd be here until tomorrow. At the moment the thing I'm most grateful for is the fact that my Darling Husband is doing the cooking today. Which means I get clean-up duty. Even though I know he will use every single pot and dish we own I don't mind too much. It seems a small price to pay for what will be one of the best meals I eat all year!

I have not made any progress on the mysterious Christmas gifts in the last few days. I sort of got caught up in the Thanksgiving Day kick-off to the Christmas shopping season and have been spending a lot of time online, trying to figure out what to get some of the more challenging people on my list. Made a couple of decisions but no purchases yet. I expect to be industriously sewing while the rest of the world is out shopping on Friday.

Wishing all my new friends in blogland (and my old friends and family who drop in from time to time) a warm and yummy day, no matter how you choose to spend it!

5 comments:

  1. Other than a trip to JoAnn's for some necessities to finish Christmas gifts (and which happen to be on sale) and another trip to Target -- I'm spending tomorrow sewing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honey! I spent a lovely day working on an advent elf for the grandchildren. I ran out of stuffing and went to Jo Anns and it was calm and quiet and all the Christmas fabric was 50% off! yeehaw! I had to grab some- real quick! Now I'm off to finish stuffing him and then will draft his clothing and start making all those pockets tomorrow! I have to mail it by Wed so I think I'll be ok! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Calamity K

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was me! I'm not anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cute quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute block. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.