Okay, I have to apologize to Blogger. Apparently some of the problems I was having getting my pictures to load was the fault of my computer, not Blogger. Live and learn :- )
Y'all are going to think I spoil my DD. I really don't; she enables me! I can't help it if she's having babies and needs quilts for them! It's not my fault that Baby Susan is a "juicy baby" and goes through blankets and quilts more quickly than her big sister did! Anyway, I finally finished the first crib quilt top I made out of orphan blocks:
I was very surprised at how much brighter and happier the top looked when I got the binding sewn down and put embroidery floss ties in the Double Pinwheel blocks. (The rest of it was machine quilted. The Double Pinwheel blocks just needed something to hold the layers together in the middle of the blocks and I didn't feel like quilting them all the way.) I don't know if it's because it had been awhile since I'd last looked at it or whether the blue binding made that big of a difference, but I like it a lot better now.
You may remember that DD requested a Halloween baby quilt too. That was right after I'd come across this Basketweave top I made a few years ago:
At the time I put it away because I thought I wanted to add a border of some kind but couldn't find what I liked. When I pulled it out last week I realized that it could be finished without a border and would be just fine. And it was the perfect size for a baby quilt! DD prefers tied quilts so I used a size 5 purple perle cotton to tie this one (two strands in the needle). Now I have a pile of goodies to take to her this week: two baby quilts and three placemats! I love being productive!! The challenge will be in going back to the projects I abandoned to play in the Halloween fabric ;- )