Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Several Small Stitcheries

 It's been a minute since my last post. I have not been idle however. I've been working on these little pieces of slow stitch off and on.

3" wide x 4" tall

The flat pink rock is actually a bead meant for jewelry making. I did a series of two of these with stitches, sequins, and more beads. The one below has some wool yarn pulled apart for additional texture and interest.

4" wide x 3" tall

The birds and the tiny orange flowers are buttons.

4" wide x 3" tall

This one (above) was a way to use some scraps of the feed sack prints I used recently in a quilt top.

3" wide x 4" tall

Another one begun with mere scraps. The circular medallion is a Tim Holtz product. It says, "in every walk with nature one receives far more than they seek." The butterfly is a button, the feather is a charm.

3" wide x 4" tall

This one began as a study in purple scraps. It was a little harder to move forward and sat as a blank canvas for a while. Eventually one stitch led to another, I found the scrap of lace,  and the Trust charm finally found a home. The bird is another sequin.

3" wide x 4" tall

Here's another one that began with feed sack scraps. Red flower-shaped buttons from my collection, a couple of little crocheted flowers, and a faux postage stamp button.

4" x 4"

This one also sat for some time before I could see what to do with it. In the end I just feather stitched between the hearts that were in the print on the top, seed stitched around the flowers in the strip of binding tape below, and then just added the clothing label and the charm to the bottom.

2.5" wide x 4" tall

This little tag shape was fun to create. Nothing but embroidery and a strip of lace for embellishment. 

These will all be going to the Disabled Artist's Foundation Inc. for an upcoming fund raising auction. It feels so good to be able to make things to contribute to a worthy cause!


3 comments:

  1. The wee bird buttons are lovely, the top two are my favourites, but every one I'm sure will find a loving new home at the auction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely pieces! For those who collect small pieces of art, these will be VERY appealing and hopefully raise lots of dollars. Quiltdivajulie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, these are charming. Whenever I read about your slow stitching, I'm reminded at how relaxing it is. I once spent hours doing this sort of thing. I should take inspiration from this post and pick it up again. Thanks for supporting a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.