Sunday, May 14, 2023

Scrap Happy in May

 If you've been here in the last two weeks you've seen the scrappy stars I've been making of late. I sort of burned out on the process when I hit 52 of them. And what with one thing and another they just sat there. Finally, a couple of days ago, I sorted through the lot and started auditioning them on the design wall. 

I'd come to the conclusion that the easiest thing to do would be to choose 25 of the stars and set them 5 x 5 to create a 60" square quilt top. I can deal with the remaining 27 stars later. They may need to be sashed or used in some other layout. I think these work well set side by side. 

We're having an unusual heat wave for this time of year. It's acting like August outside, not May. Which means my quilt building efforts may be curtailed until it cools down again. I've been doing some needlework between making these stars. With luck I'll get pictures taken and a post about them written up for you. In the meantime, here's the link list for the other folks who have used scrap or recycled materials to create something new and wonderful. Hannah is joining us for the first time so be sure to stop by her blog. 😊

KateGun, Hannah, Eva, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, 
JanMoira, SandraChrisAlys,
ClaireJeanJon, Dawn, Gwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue LVera, Edith
NanetteAnn, Dawn 2, Carol, Preeti,
DebbieroseNóilinVivKarrin,
Amo, AlissaLynn and Tierney


7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. I think you've got the perfect layout there, and I just can't believe you've got the makings of a whole other quilt sitting in the Parts Department! Sounds like a bit of stitching is just the break you need from all this 'stellar' work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking great! I like how the light and dark backgrounds alternate so that you don't HAVE to have anything else in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the layout looks great and you have another quilt ready to go. I'm not surprised you sort of "burned out" at 52.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scrappy blocks. We have gotten into the 80's and 90's this past week too. I'm in Northern CA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite kind of quilt - the scrappy type!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love scrap quilts. These stars do work well together side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awful lot of scrappy blocks! The design looks just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.