Monday, June 12, 2023

In a Vase on Monday

 This is that glorious time of year when my roses and peonies (and the buttercups and vetch, etc.) are blooming. I take a picture nearly every week of the vase of flowers I've brought in but I don't often think to share them with you. A few years back I discovered Cathy's Monday meme, In a Vase on Monday. It's always a pleasure to see what others have grown and brought together in their vases. My backgrounds are never pristine, so I apologize for the clutter that may distract from my vase.

This is what I brought in this morning:

I have one each of my favorites. You can't really see the David Austin Queen of Sweden rose in this shot but that's the bush the rosebuds are from. The white peony is the last bud from that plant. The pink peony may very well be the last bloom from that one too. The big yellow rose is a David Austin Charlotte. 

Here's an overhead shot of the contents of the vase. Every time I take a good look at these flowers it puts a smile on my face. 

This is the bouquet I made late last week. Two of the white peonies, more Charlottes and Queens. 

If you'd like to indulge in more natural beauty hop on over to Cathy's blog and check out the links in the comment section. 😊


4 comments:

  1. I am smiling from your overhead shot..theshrubqueen Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are beautiful and no doubt most sweetly scented vases too. You mentioned that you may have been better opting for 'Lady Emma Hamilton' rather than 'Roald Dahl' - just to let you know that sadly David Austin have now withdrawn 'Lady Emma' from their sales list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to this kind of a series - I love roses and peonies and flowers in vases! Quiltdivajulie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peonies and roses! Such pretty blooms.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.