Thursday, October 27, 2022

Spooky NIghts

We are gearing up for Halloween here in the States. 🎃 

Some of us have been at it more diligently than others. This has traditionally been one of my more favorite holidays to decorate for. I love the colors of the season and enjoy the whimsy and even the macabre elements. I do not do horror or anything remotely demonic. Our decor this year has been seriously lacking however. The smokey air has had a lasting impact. There have been other distractions as well. Daughter discovered that the Halloween themed pillowcases I'd made for the members of her family in years past had been ruined in storage. So the energy I might have spent in getting out our Halloween decorations was put toward making replacements. 

For Mom and Dad I made a pair of cases in this print combination:

Steampunk Halloween

 For the daughters I made a selection, not sure who would choose which.

I did have one of the grands in mind when I purchased the gnome print and, sure enough, that's the one she chose. 😁

 I had other fabrics that had been set aside for pillowcases but had never been sewn up. I took the opportunity to make up a couple of those while I was sewing this bunch. In the end I made 9 pillowcases! (Didn't think to take pictures of the others though.) 

Historically we didn't get many trick-or-treaters on Halloween. The last few years we've kept our porch lights off to discourage the attempt. I just can't handle the scents, even to hand out candy. 😢 I do miss seeing the kiddos in their costumes.


3 comments:

  1. This reminds me to get some chocolate goodies ready, at our previous home we had a long driveway and only once is many years did little girls wander down. Here, on a street, it is easier for anyone to knock at the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to elder son’s house so they can take Little Man trick or treating. They go through at least eaight of the Costco size bags of candy - hundreds and hundreds of kids fill their neighborhood as there aren’t many neighborhoods near downtown. It is always a hoot and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that skeleton fabric, even though I'm totally not a fan of seasonal fabrics and not a big fan of Halloween in general. I do get the enjoyment, though, and the colours are fun to work with. We've seen some fairly out-there outdoor decorations, but trick or treating is not a big thing here, so I don't anticipate any banging at the door!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.