Monday, June 28, 2021

It's Not the Heat, It's the Toxicity

 Although the heat is definitely a factor. According to my phone app we're going to hit 104 degrees Fahrenheit today. I'm suspicious of that number as we tend to run a few degrees cooler than Seattle, which is where I believe the predictions originate. Yesterday, for example, it was predicted we would hit 100. To the best of my knowledge we only made it to 97. Don't get me wrong, that's bad enough! Our poor little portable a/c unit had all it could do to keep us twenty degrees cooler inside than out. And that is only in the room in which it sits. My studio space is on the west side of the house and around a corner from the flow of cool air. Needless to say, I haven't been very productive the last couple of days. In perfect honesty however, I believe it was poking my nose outdoors that set me back the most. Air that registers as moderately unhealthy for most people is decidedly unhealthy for me. Or so it would appear from recent experience. I have been fighting a near-migraine for the last 24 hours. If it's not one thing, it's another! 

The tropical Shoo-fly quilt has been bound, laundered, labelled, and sent on its' way.


 The pink binding was the perfect final touch. I don't know how well you'll be able to see it, but James quilted with a variegated thread in an overall swirly design.

 I don't think I could be any happier with this quilt. 😁

Before the heat came on I'd pulled out the parts of a potential quilt I believe I began last summer, thinking I would try to get that built into a lap quilt. 

Kate, at least, will recognize the ship blocks. 😉 I haven't played around with them a lot since then but this is what I hope will be the next completed quilt top. In the meantime, if you are not already aware, those of you who may be receiving notifications of my new posts via Feedburner will have to adapt to the fact that that service is being discontinued. I have added a widget for follow.it, although I don't know how user friendly it may be. Frankly, I haven't had the mental wherewithal to look at all the options for replacing Feedburner. I don't think my readership is high; I only hope those who do visit regularly will find a way to keep in touch. 💜


5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your tropical quilt and those ships promise to turn into a handsome top as well. I follow you with the Bloglovin blog reader (linking through to your real blog). I added follow.it (basic, simple version without migration) and the Bloglovin follow by email widgets to my blog. I guess when folks stop getting the Feedburner messages they'll either re-subscribe with the new options or move on in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love that tropical quilt... I"m rather sorry it's gone, but you had a home and a purpose for it, so it's gone to make someone else happy too. The Flotilla quilt is going to be a wonder – you know how much I love all those boat blocks! It just makes me smile to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I'm sorry you're not feeling so good, I hope the weather will turn so you you get some improved air quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tropical quilt is gorgeous and I just love the way the boats are shaping up.
    I do hope you start to feel better soon. I thought all Americans had full air conditioning - that it was practically written into your constitution - just goes to prove you can't believe everything you read. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the boat blocks, just love them! Hope you feel better soon... and Happy 4th! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.