Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Bee, Myself & I in September

 It's time again for a bit of selfish sewing - something just for the fun of it, not to a deadline or to fulfill any commitment. 😊

A week or so ago Lori over at Humble Quilts introduced a little quilt along she's calling 50 Shades of Brown. I don't think I've ever had 50 shades of brown but I thought it might be fun to see if I could use up some of my brown scraps. The first step was to make 17 little four patch blocks, each to finish at two inches square.


Lori really likes primitive and antique quilts and prints that speak of the pioneer era. I have a small collection of those type of prints but not enough for this specific project so my quilt is going to look somewhat different from hers (and her followers). She added a couple of patches of the cotton candy pink of that era and a couple of what I think of as cadet blue. I've used very light tans and ecru instead.

The second step was to cut 18 brown squares, 2.5" each, to distribute between the 4Patches.


I played around with placement and ended up with this flimsy:


The next step will be a border of some sort. Lori says the inspiration quilt features four different directional prints. Not sure I can do that all in brown but we'll see! 

3 comments:

  1. For a gal not having a very large brown stash your flimsy is just perfect! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great browns, Susan, even if they're not earlier styles. I especially like the two large circles in the 2" blocks. They are beautiful and eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.