Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Little Bit Scrap Happy in July

As I was pondering what to put in this post I realized that in spite of all the scraps I've been playing with lately, none of the projects actually qualify for Scrap Happy Day. They've had to have new yardage purchased for their completion. However, I did manage to get a few blocks made out of just scraps along the way. They'll go into my Parts Department for future use.


Then yesterday I finally had the energy to put the binding on a truly scrappy quilt and am now in the process of sewing it down by hand.


This one was made of scrap strips and yardage that had in the stash for far too long.


I'm calling it Sweet Dreams because of the prints I used on the back. 
James did the quilting for me as usual. 😀


You can read about the construction of this quilt in my Scrap Happy Day post from back in April.

To see how others have put their scrap materials to good use, click on the links below. Kate and Gun are our hostesses for this link party. Not everyone in the list will have something to share this time around but it's well worth a look at their blogs anyway. 😊

Kate (me!)Gun, TittiHeléneEva, Lynn, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, Jill, Claire, Jan,
Moira, SandraLindaChrisNancyAlysKerryClaireJean,
Joanne, Jon, HayleyDawnGwen, Connie, Bekki, Pauline,
Sue L, Sunny, Kjerstin and Vera



2 comments:

  1. I love the gorgeous rust batik print you've used for the border and binding (if I read that second photo right). It's not normally my colour, but in this case it's spectacular. Great Scrappy Save!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrappy assortment of blocks. And great quilting too. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.