Sunday, April 26, 2020

Checking In - H2H 2020

Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict has set up a linky party for us to share the quilts we're working on for Hands2Help this year. I'm doing better than in years past at this point! It helps that my focus this time around has been on baby quilts for the Little Lambs Foundation. I'd have three for them now if it weren't for the fact that I decided to send one to a niece who is having her first child in May. 😊

This one has been quilted...


Just with a simple meander. It's about 40" square. This top is next to be quilted:


It's a bit bigger at about 45" square.

I've just finished the binding on this quilt out of my Parts Department:


An exact destination hasn't been determined yet. It may go to our local foster care program. It's roughly 58" wide and 75" long. I was delighted to be able to use an old blue fabric printed with gold metallic swirls that sort of mimic the swirls James used to quilt it.


It was one of those prints I'd never found an appropriate use for. Now it's nearly all gone and I don't have to deal with it anymore. Except in scraps of course. 😉I do need to spend some time cutting scrap patches. Several quilts have been trimmed and bound lately, which means I have cuttings from the backs that have accumulated. At the same time my stack of scrap blocks to sew between seams (i.e. leaders and enders) has diminished to one, and it's partly assembled already. Might be time to break out a new blade for the rotary cutter too!

The link party is here in case you'd like to see what others have been working on for Hands2Help this year. 💜

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that last one, with its tiny armada of ships sailing around the world. I love that one dearly, and I hope you find it a really good home :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.