Sunday, February 16, 2020

Stitching Along in February

If it weren't for this SAL I probably wouldn't have done any stitching since our last check in three weeks ago. I've been busy piecing lately. This Stitch Along is great for getting one back on track. Everyone works on their own projects. I started on a pre-stamped dish towel from Mary Corbet last month. I believe this is where it was then:


I thought I'd done the large leaves as well. Must have stitched those after I took the picture! In any event, this is what it looks like now:


And a close up shot:


Again, I apologize for the shadow. Still trying to get the hang of the camera in the phone. I miss the bulk and weight of my old digital camera.

This time I used stacked fly stitches to create the flower petals. (I used the fishbone stitch for the petals of the orange flower.) I also used them for what I'm calling the fern branches. The flower has French knots inside of a couple of concentric circles of stem stitches. It reminds me of a purple coneflower in the way the French knots stand up above the surface of the towel. Of course I'm using Nancy Turner's hand dyed flosses for this embroidery. 😉

You'll find a variety of needlework projects and techniques among the members of this group. If you'd like to have the accountability this SAL provides just let Avis know. We're a friendly, supportive bunch of people and we'd love to have you join us. 😊Welcome back Jenny!

Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, Constanze, Christina, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, 
Heidi, Jackie, Sunny,Hayley, Megan, Deborah, MaryMargaret, Renee, 
Carmela, Jocelyn, Sharon, Daisy, Anne, ConnieAJ, Jenny

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous stitching! I love seeing these updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much texture in those flowers, Sue, and the colours are fantastic!
    claire93

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this colour scheme. The dark foliage makes the flowers pop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty. I will have to look around her site and see what's there besides the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours you're using for this; beautifully autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this project! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color scheme and the way your stitches create so much texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful! Such pretty colours and stitches.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.