Saturday, February 15, 2020

Scrap Happy in February - Fabric and Yarn!

I've been puttering in my scraps, making the odd block.

8" stars and 6" Shoofly and star

I've sewn up a couple of 12" Lego blocks too:


While I was putting Ship blocks into my latest Parts Dept. quilt I was also making more 6" Ships.


For the time being these blocks will just go into the Parts Department. Actually, I'm kind of itching to make another quilt out of the Parts Department. 😊

Last Scrap Happy Day Bekki shared some hearts she had knitted out of yarn scraps. My sister is a knitter so I sent her a link to Bekki's blog post. Look what Sis sent me for Valentine's Day!


The purple heart is particularly soft. Must be a cashmere wool or something. I'm tempted to keep it at hand just to fondle in odd moments. The variegated yarns make for fun hearts.


You can see the reverse side of the yellow heart in the first photo.

Sis took the opportunity to experiment with different techniques for creating heart shapes as well as some stitch varieties. The big pink heart features a different stitch type on either side.




Sorry about the shadow. Knitters probably know what they're looking at. 😉

Kate and Gun are the hostesses for this monthly scrap round up. It began with quilters using up their fabric scraps but has expanded to include other makers using other scrap materials.To see what they've been up to just click on their names below. And if you have scrap materials you've turned into something useful or fun let Kate know so she can add your name to the list!



6 comments:

  1. I'll say it again: I LOVE those ship blocks. All of them, all the colours, all the uses you've made of them <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great hearts. I love it when someone takes an idea and experiments with it. Your parts department is always filled with wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great blocks! I´m also working on the Shoo Fly block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puttering in scraps is definitely a worthwhile activity in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ship blocks!!! And your sister is clearly a master knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of a parts department! And well done to your sister too for the lovely hearts.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.