Saturday, June 15, 2019

Scrap Happy in June

It's that time again when Kate and Gun invite us to share something (or things) that we've made from scrap materials, whatever our medium may be. I'm always using my fabric scraps to create quilt blocks of one sort or another. I try to keep a short stack of patches ready to sew together between the seams of whatever major project I may be working on. As my shoulder began to feel better I worked out of the basket of 2" wide scrap strips I keep handy. I make 12" (finished) Lego blocks by piecing the short strips together end to end and then assembling those rows into blocks.


There's another partial block in the works too. These accumulate in my Parts Dept. until I have enough to build a quilt.

I've also been keeping 1.5" scrap strips and sewing them together into 6" (finished) blocks I call my Sticks blocks.


The Shoofly blocks have been my go-to piecing between seams for a long time. I was able to put together a few Ships recently too.


One of these days I'll actually do something with my Ships and Shooflies! Heaven knows there are enough of them here in The Magpie's Nest. The shoulder continues to improve so maybe there will be one or more new quilts created soon. 😊In the meantime, for lots of scrappy inspiration you can visit these blogs. Even if they don't have a scrappy project to share there will be something of interest for you to see.

KateGun, TittiHeléneEvaNanette, Lynn, Lynda,

5 comments:

  1. No matter how many pieces I prepare, I keep running out of leaders and enders! Maybe t is time to decide what to do with them and start adding some pairs into something more . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely additions to the miraculous Parts Department, from which entire quilts can be conjured up at a moment's notice! I especially love that little ship with the floral hull :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the shoulder is improving. Stitching of anything is therapeutic so no worries about using those blocks in the Parts Dept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your little ships.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'd forgotten about the ships in your parts department! Every time I see them, I want to make some - which is how I get so behind on everything. I'm so easily distracted!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.