Friday, June 7, 2019

F2F3 Revisited

You may remember that I used a handful of my blue and white F2F3 (Footsquare Freestyle round 3) blocks in this child's quilt:


I've recently finished sewing the binding down on that one but haven't taken it's picture yet. However, as I was stitching the binding I thought about the remaining F2F3 blocks. When it was finished I dug them out and put them on the design wall just to see what was left to work with.


I played around with all 20 blocks for a while, then removed four that didn't seem to carry the story I saw developing. That left me with these:


I don't normally like to do sashing but when I accidentally laid a yellow tone on tone print over these blocks I really like the way it looked. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough of that yellow to both sash and border the planned quilt top. Nor could I find a potential border print with that yellow in it. I even went to my local quilt shop to look! Instead I came home with a light, fresh pink (with touches of orange and purple in it) for the sashing and a blue digital print for the border.


The blue border has that pink in it as well as touches of purple. Now, I'm not one for pink and blue typically but this really makes me happy. I just wish I had a better picture of it for you.


Now I'm thinking I'll make the back for this, which will finish at about 60" square, by starting with the four leftover blocks. Or maybe I'll build a whole other quilt with them, who knows? 😉

I'm so happy with this I'm Whooping it up and linking with others over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. :-)

6 comments:

  1. This makes me happy, too. Like the idea of adding the other blocks into the back -- go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is stunning, and the sashing looks great with the blocks and the final border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly grateful to the owner of this site who has shared this wonderful
    paragraph at at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way that pink works with the blocks - who would have thought it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous, and that pink sashing really works beautifully. Such fun to see those blocks again, and to see what you're making from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pink really does play well with those blocks.
    claire93

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.