Saturday, September 15, 2018

Scrap Happy in September

It's time to share what we've been doing with our scraps, hosted by Kate and Gun. It began with fabric scraps but others have since joined in, showing how they've put scraps from other media to use. As a general rule I tend to work more with what could be considered scraps than I do yardage so this is right up my alley!

The end of August and beginning of September were very difficult weeks for me in terms of my health. It was handy to have scrap patches already cut so I could sew mindlessly when I felt equal to sewing at all. It wasn't long before I ran out of blocks I could assemble without a lot of mental effort however.


There may have been a couple of 6" Hole in the Barn Door blocks in addition to these eight inch stars and nine inch blocks. I must have put them away before I thought to take pictures.

There have been days when I couldn't even think well enough to pull together scrap blocks from the existing piles of pre-cut patches. So one day I spent some time cutting yardage for backgrounds. That allowed me to create this fleet of 6" Ships:


One tiny 3" Shoo-fly made it into the mix too. I don't usually work that small. 

All of these blocks just go into my Parts Department until I have the motivation to build something with them. Now that the weather is cooler (so I'm not inclined to open the windows and let toxins in with the breeze) and we've had some real rain (to clean the air) I hope to be more productive again. I still have to tell you about the Squirrel Projects I've begun. In the meantime, have a gander at what the others in this group have been doing... 😉



5 comments:

  1. A lovely bunch of blocks! I especially love the cheerful colors of the boats, and the varying directions of the stripes on the 16 patch inside the green star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having fabric on hand is a huge bonus, and love all those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it every time you make sailboats. That's one of my favorite blocks, and I hardly ever make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s fantastic what you can do with just scraps, isn´t it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.