I've put the binding on the quilt I've been working on under Carla's challenge for Bee, Myself and I. I've been calling it Botanical Blur because one side is a version of the Rainbow Blur pattern found on the Free Spirit Fabrics web site.
James quilted it with an allover meander because these prints are so busy. He used a variegated thread that blends perfectly with the colors in the blocks.
The other side, the official back of the quilt, was made from a jelly roll of batiks called Pink Lemonade.
I added a few batiks of my own when I made this some years ago. It didn't look like much as a flimsy but with the quilting it suddenly sparkles. Now I don't know which side is my favorite! I've decided to christen this quilt Pink Lemonade in the Garden. I've been enjoying both sides on my bed since I completed the binding.
In just the last few days there's been another project that qualifies for Bee, Myself and I. It began with a couple of Halloween prints that I turned into a pair of pillowcases for our bed.
That inspired me to look for other yardages of Halloween prints in my stash to see whether I could also make pillowcases for the granddaughters. Most of the time I don't buy more than a half yard of any one thing. Of course, when there are going-out-of-business sales or other great deals to be had, larger cuts tend to come home to roost. Lo and behold, two yards of a cute ghost print and two other single yard pieces became these:
Now I'm thinking about pillowcases that could be made to give them for Christmas... 😉