I resolved the issue of borders/no borders on my Broken Dishes Disappearing 9 Patch by putting narrow borders down the sides and slightly wider borders on the top and bottom of the quilt.
That gave me a bit more length without adding much width. I'll use the same black border print for the binding.
This quilt should finish around 63" x 78." Kate has said it puts her in mind of cellophane wrapped hard candies strewn across a tabletop. I hope the quilting I have in mind will emphasize that effect. But instead of hard candy I'm thinking I'll call this Scattered Taffy. A couple of family members have a particular fondness for taffy. 😉
Meanwhile, I have yet another Disappearing 9 Patch quilt that I don't think I've shared with you. It's the same setting I used for the Halloween print version but darker alternate patches in the original 9 patch blocks for this one changes the whole look.
This one features food and food-related prints. There are various fruits and vegetables and Peeps and Christmas candy and ice cream and a couple of kitchen appliances. I used pairs (or sometimes four) of each focal fabric so it can be used as an I Spy quilt. I had foster kids in mind when I was making it.
I thought it was especially fun to use the mice-among-the-cheese print next to wedges of cheese!
It will finish around 60" x 73." I had to go out and purchase fabric to bind it, in spite of all the prints and colors in my stash. Most often there just wasn't enough to go all the way around. I decided to use a red to frame the quilt and blend with the backing
Of course I couldn't get out of the shop without picking up a couple of other prints...
Most of these are just fat quarters. At least a couple of them will end up in Turkey Track blocks eventually. I don't have quite enough of those yet for a complete quilt. I have a feeling I'll be getting back to them soon!