Things have been sort of quiet here in the Magpie's Nest. I've put the binding on the green batik scrappy trip wedding quilt and have it about 85% sewn down. I made a block for my local guild's block of the month drawing in August. That was so simple and fun I made two more!
The instructions were to use summer yellows, orange, and reds. I couldn't resist putting in the ice cream cones. ;- ) You can see that I also managed to assemble two 6" Hole in the Barn Door blocks as I worked on other blocks this week.
The next day I sewed up some 1.5" squares into postage stamp blocks. Today I turned them into stars, and just for kicks put them up on the wall between the double four patch blocks.
Well now! It hadn't dawned on me until that moment that the blocks would be the same size. I quite like the way they play together. This is giving me ideas for using the postage stamp stars I've been making for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year. I will have no trouble coming up with scrap patches to make the double four patch blocks either. A new way to play with my scrap patches might be just what I need to get things rolling again!
I'll be linking up with the RSC on Saturday even though I'm not showing anything in hot pink and lime green this time. ;- )
Edited Friday morning: I forgot to show you the final two borders on the latest Parts Dept. flimsy!
This should finish at 48" x 54." I bought yardage - on sale - and have already made a back for it too!