I think it worked out pretty well. The only problem is that our weather has turned wet since I finished stitching the binding down and now I can't get a picture of the whole quilt!
I also had a setback with What the Doctor Knew (the Dr. Seuss quilt). I put the quilt through the washing machine in an attempt to remove the yellow chalk lines I'd used to guide my quilting over one of the big blocks. The chalk didn't come out but the crayon in the reader's hair and book did! Turns out the crayons I'd used were made for little children and are meant to wash out cuz, you know, little kids color where they shouldn't. So I'm going to spot treat the chalk and get some new crayons. Good thing that quilt isn't needed as soon as I originally thought. ;- )
I finally cut into some of my happy batiks after those two quilts were bound. Made a few experimental liberated stars that will finish at 12 inches. During the process I also pieced up another scrappy Shoo Fly (6") and a Broken Dishes block. The Broken Dishes is made from the triangles that get cut off when I make my Flying Geese units. If I were to trim the block to size it would finish at five inches I think.
Thought I would take this opportunity to show you a couple of friendship blocks I've made recently for members of my local quilt guild. It's fun to try out new blocks or color combinations. Although sometimes it's a real challenge to find appropriate prints in my stash! This colorwash heart is a prime example.
I don't typically buy floral prints but that's what was requested for this block. What a shock to find I had enough variety in black of all colors!
This was a block pattern I don't remember ever having made before.