Friday, November 13, 2009

Flannel Birdies!

We've had sunshine the last couple of days. And then this morning the dark clouds and the rain were back. {sigh} I wish I could somehow change my thought processes so that I could look outside and enjoy being cozy inside instead of feeling oppressed and depressed by the weather.

On a happier note, I believe I am done swapping out the dark ties on my Lincoln Logs quilt. I didn't take all of them out, but enough to make their presence less noticeable.

I still have to figure out what I'm going to use to bind this beast. It will definitely be a regular cotton, not flannel. Before I put the flannel away I couldn't resist the urge to try making a couple of birds out of the littlest scraps. I like them!

They still need eyes and hanging loops.

I also sewed up this postcard foundation.

I've signed up to participate in the 2010 Bead Journal Project and thought I might warm those muscles up by making a postcard a month between now and when the Project officially begins in January. If you're interested in the Project you can see what others have been doing here. There's still time to sign up too!

3 comments:

  1. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birds always turn out cute. You get so much done. It's amazing. I am home all day and don't get too much done myself. Having a husband home 24/7 doesn't help but I think that's just my excuse. (I'm on the computer too much really).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! The bird...how wonderful!!! Thank you so much, you honestly made my day! I'm putting your lovely art on my blog...I want everyone to see!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.