So when last we met I had a dilemma to solve with my Halloween quilt top. In spite of my careful math (no comments from the Peanut Gallery please!) my rows did not come out the same width. The first thing I tried only made matters worse.
I found I was unwilling to be so liberated as to whack off the sides of the blocks that were extending beyond my size limit. In the end I had to sit down, take two seams out part way and a third seam all the way, trim down one of my compensating strips, and re-sew all the seams. After that was done a bit of trimming took care of any remaining discrepancies. The top is not perfectly square but I can live with that. Quilting may actually help in this case.
There were several cute Halloween prints leftover so I used them to create a back. I had one piece almost a yard long, a couple of fat quarters, and some strips leftover from the front and previous Halloween quilts I've made. After some strategic cutting and sewing I had this:
Just big enough to accommodate the front. Here's a detail shot of the central section:
I haven't looked yet to see whether I have batting in-house big enough for this. Guess I've missed any July 4th sales I could have used to buy new batting. Oh well. Right now I'm more in the mood to continue piecing or even do some hand sewing. When it finally gets too hot around here to have the iron on I may switch to machine quilting and put my new wide-mouth Pfaff through its paces. Or maybe I'll do another puzzle. ;- )