Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Scrap Happy in October

 It's that time again, to share something we've made from scraps or something we've been able to upcycle or repurpose in some way. This blog hop is hosted by Gun in Sweden and Kate in Australia. Links to their blogs will be found at the bottom of this post. Everyone is invited to participate. Just leave a comment on either of their blogs. 

This month I have four little quilts to share. Most were made out of the smaller parts and patches from my Parts Department. My intention was that they would be used by cats in our local humane shelter until I realized they may not stand up to daily laundering. There's a gift shop attached to the shelter; I'm hoping they'll be able to sell them to folks who have just adopted a cat. They might also work as doll quilts.

This first one was made from blocks leftover from a quilt top I haven't yet shown you. The blocks were made by stacking, cutting, and shuffling layers of green prints. 

I had a go at quilting this myself with simple straight lines running in opposition to the piecing lines. It's about 18" x 27."

The next one was made from 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles I'd been cutting with the intention of making flying geese. Eventually I got tired of that process at that size so I figured I'd do a simple bricks quilt.

James quilted this up for me with a fun variegated thread. (20" x 26")



This is the quilt I made out of the little flying geese I made back in the day.

Also quilted by James. (16" x 24")

The green quilt below is another made of units I got tired of making some time ago. It's also larger one, about 20" x 26." James quilted it with leaves.

The next little quilt might have to be for Gracie! (see previous post)

Now you can go see what everyone else has done. 😁

KateGun, Eva, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Tracy, Jan
Moira, SandraChrisAlys,
ClaireJeanDawnGwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue LVera, 
 Ann, Dawn 2, Carol, Preeti,
NóilinViv, Karrin, Alissa,
Lynn, Tierney, Hannah, Maggie

2 comments:

  1. Love to see a scrap happy post come along! Love all your mini quilts. I think my brain would love it if i would concentrate on just one craft... Instead i'am painting rocks to look like ladybugs so i can leave them around town.... I'm making a wind chime, painting plastic pumpkins, Repurposing some round glass pieces into a mobile using alcohol inks on the glass... oh and painting a ceramic dragon... and and... lol But i have some wonderful crows/ravens i want to stich... lol love seeing your work. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you have been busy - I hope the kitties and/or dollies enjoy them. I really like the first green one, it looks very Spring-ish.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.