Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Scrap Happy in August

Up here in the Pacific Northwest our temperatures are generally more mild than elsewhere in the country. We are currently having a little (I hope!) heat wave. Nothing like the temperatures being experienced in our southern states I'm happy to say. In spite of our portable air conditioning unit and personal fans the heat is taking a toll on our energy levels. I haven't been able to bring myself to do any scrappy patchwork. I completed the Journal Quilt top a few days ago. This morning I was able to piece two cuts of new yardage into a back for that quilt. I've done little else since then. 

However, I have two quilts that have been recently finished and laundered. They are just waiting to have their labels inked before I pack them up to send off to Wrap the World with Quilts. They are both scrappy endeavors. You've seen the tops previously if you're a regular visitor but I'll share the finished products with you now anyway. 

I'm calling this first one Happy Patches. It was built entirely of nine patch blocks made out of my tin of scrap 2.5" squares.

Well, except for the border. 😉 That was a print I've had in my stash for heaven only knows how long. I could never figure out how or where to use it. Apparently it was waiting for this little quilt!

The next quilt was created more recently. I made the six inch Shoo-fly blocks and then turned them into stars, using up many of the shorter pieces of old prints from my stash. 

Both of these quilts were quilted by my son James in the same swirling pattern.

And both of them are roughly 60 inches square. 

Here's the link list for others around the globe who regularly participate in Scrap Happy Day. Not everyone is a quilt maker, but we're all trying to put our scrap materials to good use or to repurpose something that might otherwise end up in the trash. We share our efforts on the 15th of each month, hosted by Kate and Gun at the top of the list below. 😊

KateGun, Eva, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, 
JanMoira, SandraChrisAlys,
ClaireJeanJon, DawnGwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue LVera, Edith
Ann, Dawn 2, Carol, Preeti,
DebbieroseNóilinVivKarrin,
Amo, AlissaLynn, Tierney and Hannah



2 comments:

  1. They are both wonderful, and so very scrappy. That's a great purple border!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.