Thursday, May 19, 2022

The Next Quilt

 I mentioned in a (fairly) recent post that one of our nephews is finally getting married and that I had undertaken to make a couch quilt for the happy couple. I had a couple of Scrappy Trip blocks made at that point. Since then I've made more.

I also made a 10" heart to insert into one of the 15" Scrappy Trip blocks.

My patches begin as 3" squares. For the heart I had to cut a few 3.875" half-square triangles. 

When I put the blocks on the design wall I discovered another pair of hearts I hadn't planned on!

Do you see them, stacked one on top of the other? 

I have filled in around the heart with more of the neutral prints. You'll see that when I've finished assembling the top. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.