Sunday, May 15, 2022

Scrap Happy in May

I don't have much to show this time around. This is probably the sum total of my scrap blocks to add to the Parts Department:

A 6" (f.) Hole in the Barn Door block and some stray flying geese. I did manage to piece a back for the latest Parts Department Quilt though. Recently I have been buying yardage for quilt backs as I really struggle to piece a back for some reason. The larger dimensions required throw me for a loop I guess.

The fabrics used have been in my stash for over 10 years, maybe as much as 25 for the central portion. Not scraps in the general sense of the word but they obviously weren't going to be put to use any other way.

James did an open meander to compensate for all the activity on the front of the quilt.

Actually, that red stripe might not be all that old...

The quilt top definitely qualifies for Scrap Happy Day. It all came out of the Parts Dept., which is made up almost entirely of blocks made from scraps. 😁

The next step is to trim off the excess batting and backing and find something to use for binding. Who knows, that could end up being a scrappy binding! 

Scrap Happy Day is open for anyone utilizing their scrap materials to make something new and useful or beautiful. It originates with Kate and her friend Gun in Australia and Sweden respectively. Participants share their scrappy adventures on the 15th of each month (in their own time zone). It's an inspiring trip around the world to visit every blog!

KateGun, Eva, Lynda, Susan
Birthe, Turid, Cathy,  Tracy, Jill,
Claire, Jan, Moira, Sandra, Chris, Alys,
Claire, Jean, Jon, Dawn, Jule, Gwen,
Bekki, Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue L, Vera,
Nanette, Ann, Dawn 2, Bear, Viv,
Preeti, Edith, Debbierose, Carol


2 comments:

  1. that is a very bright, scrap happy looking quilt, Good luck with finding a binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.