The first of the three baby quilts I've committed to making is off the long-arm and ready to be bound.
|This is was taken when it was in the flimsy state.|
I've just added borders and made the back for the second baby quilt:
I was finally able to utilize a few prints I'd had in my stash since my daughter was little in the crazy blocks. The border is a brand new print from the Anne of Green Gables line. I didn't know those prints existed until I went looking for something to use for this border treatment. The colors blend better with the colors in the body of the quilt top in person than it shows in the photograph. I have fallen completely in love with this particular print in this colorway and have tracked down additional yardage to use in future. How, I don't yet know. All I knew was that I had to have more of it!
The third baby quilt will be built around this panel:
The panel will be trimmed only slightly. No doubt it will still be a bit off-kilter. That's the way of panels most of the time. Hopefully I'll be able to manipulate it into shape down the road. It's also much larger than I realized it would be (it was an online purchase). Right now the plan is to make sawtooth or variable star blocks to surround the panel. That will bring it up to the 48" x 60" range all three of these quilts fall within. I already have a flannel to use for the back in an allover Mickey Mouse print. Just need to get busy making stars!