Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Final SAL for 2020

 I had to laugh at myself when I reread my last SAL post, from the beginning of this month. So far from having my #12pagesofChristmas book nearly complete, I barely touched it between then and now. Christmas you know. You can see the little hearts I stitched up for the eldest granddaughters in the previous post. There were other gifts made, and shopping to do online and locally, gift wrapping, and well, you know the drill. I'm quite proud to have completed two of the remaining five pages. 

I followed Anne's lead closely for page seven. The brief was 9 circles. I stitched mine down essentially same way she did hers.

I did ad the star stitches between the central circles though. All my circles were cut from one batik print. I chose that print because I thought all the lines going in different directions would make them more interesting. 

The next prompt is for a pocket on a page and a tag to go into the pocket. I've skipped that one for the time being. Page nine is supposed to feature mini hexies, English paper piecing. I don't do regular size hexies, never mind mini jobs. So I've spent countless hours trying to come up with a work-around for that prompt. I decided to go with pieces of English paper instead of English paper piecing. 😉

My papers were cut or torn from a magazine out of Britain and are simply sewn down with machine sewing thread. The castle tag is off a piece of clothing. I made an attempt at an embroidered rose to fill an empty spot. So, fairly simple in the end. 

Over the next three weeks I'll be working on that pocket and tag page and hopefully one or two others. I still have to figure out what I'm going to do about a cover too. A couple of participants, Anne included, have had their book turn out too bulky to fit into the tin they originally chose for storing it. That could happen here too. Meanwhile, Anne is planning a new project for 2021. Not sure I'll be playing along but I will certainly be watching. 😁

To see the progress others in the group have made in the last three weeks just click on their links below. It's fun to see the variety of projects in the works.

AvisClaireGunCaroleConstanzeChristinaKathyMargaretCindy, 

Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley, Megan, Deborah, MaryMargaret, Renee, 

Carmela, Sharon, Daisy, Anne, Connie, AJ, Jenny, Laura, Cathie, Linda, Helen

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you've enjoyed the process of interpreting the brief. The English rose is a lovely touch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages, the batik circles are beautiful and I love the stars in between. Your english papers is a fun twist on the prompt too, looks great with your little rose. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job coming up with something different than what was called for. It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your interpretation of English Paper Piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thoroughly enjoying your pages for your little book. They are intriguing, delightful, and charming. Wish I had a book like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever to put your own spin on your pages - it means that your work will be truly original.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative way to get around the English paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on English Paper piecing! It's such a fun interpretation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your batik circles are perfect. As you thought the lines make it interesting to look at, and they are unified by the stars. It's going to be a little book of experiments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just had a look at Anne's videos. I am amazed by how tiny these pages are! What a treasure you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have enjoyed seeing all the different pages of this work! Mine is done and has outgrown its home! I´m now ready for 2021 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a wonderful job, with such different materials ... A great inspiration! Happy New Year!!
    Hugs, Carmela

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.