This panel was given to me years ago by one of my sweet sisters-in-law. It's 12" square.
I have tried multiple times to do something with it. Long time readers may remember one or two of those efforts. Like this most recent one:
I always wanted to do something scrappy with/around it. The arrangement of my scrappy Shoo-fly blocks in the photo above didn't satisfy me enough to continue with that plan. All the other attempts failed too. So it got put away - again.
Lately I've been itching to do something with flying geese. I have geese for a version of the Remixed Geese pattern that are waiting to be assembled into a quilt top but I'm not ready for that struggle yet. I don't exactly remember the thought process that occurred but when I pulled out the Eve panel this time this is what happened:
Black flying geese laid horizontally highlighted the panel nicely. Then it seemed to need a dark frame.
That's just about all that's left of a print Quiltdivajulie shared with me. It's actually straighter than it looks in the picture.
The obvious next step was more geese.
I even got in a few scrappy Shoo-fly blocks. 😊And after that, another frame of black.
And thus it stands at the moment. It's only about 42" square though. I want it to be at least 60" in every direction. Guess it's time to make more geese!