Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Bee, Myself & I

My Bee, Myself & I posts have been, and are going to be, rather hit and miss. The idea behind BM&I is to make something just for your own enjoyment. It was begun by Carla over at Granny Maud's Girl.  This time around I have a small beaded piece to share with you.


When I figure out how to finish the raw edges it will finish at about 4" wide by 3" tall.

I began with a fabric covered button sent to me with my F2F3 blocks by the kind Tialys. Then I surrounded it with beads from my stash. The heart beads were from my friend C~ at Christmas time. A bit of embroidery and sequins to complete the composition et voila! 


I have an idea for mounting this on a piece of watercolor paper for stability with some vintage seam tape and maybe more beads. But don't hold your breath to see the end product.  Or another piece like this at the end of next month either. 😉

3 comments:

  1. Well, we are already the 28th, so tomorrow March begins. Love the layout, and this is so pretty all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like a particularly fabulous jewel-encrusted postcard. Perhaps it would be fun to keep the size and do small embellished pieces to collect into a book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet and a little surprise for me this morning to see that button being so creatively used.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.