Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Transitions

This notice showed up when I was reading through the comments left on my blog recently:

Following the announcement of Google+ API deprecation scheduled for March 2019, a number of changes will be made to Blogger’s Google+ integration on 4 February 2019. 

Google+ Comments: Support for Google+ comments will be turned down, and all blogs using Google+ comments will be reverted back to using Blogger comments. Unfortunately, comments posted as Google+ comments cannot be migrated to Blogger and will no longer appear on your blog. 

I never took full advantage of Google+ on my blog so I don't know how this may affect any of my readers. What I do know is that none of the Blogspot blogs I've subscribed to have been showing up in my Inbox. I assume that is connected with the changes that are being made in some way. I can only hope that will be corrected soon. 

I only use technology because I have to in order to stay in touch with the quilting/needlework world. Mostly I find it  confusing and overwhelming. Please bear with me as I try to cope with things out of my control. 

3 comments:

  1. I use Bloglovin as my reader feed - I don't read the posts in the reader but it alerts me to the fact that there is a new post on the blogs I follow. I never got into Google Plus and now I'm extra glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went into my Google+ account to try and find out what I could do. It offers you the option of a unique URL which you can register for yourself. It keeps the same ID and image. I signed up for it and it switched my Google+ account over. For now, this is free, although they reserve the right to charge at some future point. At that stage, I'll be trying to work out how to create a Blogger ID for myself without actually using the blogging faciilty, but for now, I think I'm OK. If I lose the ability to comment, I'll email comments to you instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been able to comment on your blog using Google as my browser - I always have to change over to Internet Explorer if I want it to show up here. Sounds like it will be more difficult in future. I'll follow Kate's advice.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.