Monday, October 15, 2018

Scrap Happy in October

It's time for our monthly report on what we've done with scrap materials! This effort is hosted by Kate at Tall Tales From Chiconia and Gun at rutigt in Sweden. Not everyone works with fabrics, and not everyone posts every month but everyone's blog is certainly worth a visit! 

I've only made a few blocks to add to my Parts Department...


One "Lego" block (12") and three 6" Ships to begin with. Then I sewed up a couple more families of flying geese for my Remixed Geese project, an 8" postage stamp star, and my regular 6" Shoo-fly and Hole in the Barn Doors.

 
In the middle, down at the bottom, you can see an example of why I enjoy the Hole in the Barn Door pattern so much. I just love putting fussy-cut images in those holes!

Here are the links to the others who are trying to use up their scraps. Welcome to Connie who is joining us for the first time!

3 comments:

  1. You've Scrapped to wonderful effect this month. That lego block has a rich, dark glitter I love, and oh, the flying geese blocks! Who knows what other hidden gems the Parts Department will offer up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on perfecting my flying geese technique (got a long way to go). I need to work on leaving a 1/4" edge. I especially like the Hole in the Barn block. I will have to experiment with that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, love those ships!!! They're all lovely and scrappy, but I think I might "need" to make some ships....... they look cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.