Thursday, June 21, 2018

Starting Summer In the Pink

This may be the first day of summer on the calendar but we've already had a taste of summer weather around here. It got so warm we've had to reinstall our portable air conditioning unit. Of course I tried to stick it out with just the windows open for a couple of days before then. That was a mistake. There was something undetectable floating in through the windows that put me out of commission. I'm delighted to be feeling better now. 😀

In spite of the headaches I managed to finish making the pink Scrappy Trip blocks. Yesterday I sewed them into a flimsy.


This is just 45" x 60." I wasn't thinking ahead when I went to the store for the black print I used in the blocks. If I had been I'd have bought enough to make the binding as well. As it turned out, I didn't have anything appropriate for the back either. No doubt I could piece a back but who wants to go to all that work when the LQS (local quilt shop) is having a sale? And look what I found for the back!


Such a cheerful print. I'll be a good girl and use batting scraps when the time comes. 😉


7 comments:

  1. Such a happy, hopeful quilt, and that backing you've found is perfection itself :-) I'm relieved to hear both that you're feeling better and that you've identified the cause of the headaches. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made a trip around the world quilt. They are usually very scrappy, but the idea of an all pink one really appeals to me.
    I am glad that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so charming! Pink and black is an old combo, but you don't often see it much these days, I love it! Glad to hear you are feeling better. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your color combination! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love it when the perfect thing is on sale? Win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s come together wonderfully x

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.