Of course you always have to begin at the beginning.
This design is composed of nearly all straight stitches. At this stage you can see I put in a few French knots, probably because I had enough thread in the needle to do the job at the time. ;- )
Eventually I got all the leaves on the trees and the couple sitting on the bench.
Now all that remains are some flower stems and heads and a handful of additional stars. I might have to add a bit more to that smaller tree on the left hand side since I'm planning to use this as a 6" square in the wedding quilt and not frame it in an embroidery hoop as shown on the pattern package. It might look odd left the way it is. I think I can leave the trunk implied, not completed, on the right hand side.
This is just about all I've worked on since the last SAL post. Literally. I hope to get to work on the blocks for the wedding quilt very soon. Time is running out if I want to get the quilt to the bridal couple for the wedding reception!
To see what everyone else has been working on for the last three weeks you should be able to simply click on their names below. We'll be back again on 2 April. :- )
Claire, Gun, Carole, LucyAnn, Kate, Jess, Constanze, DebbieroseChristina, Susan, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Helen, Steph, Linda, Catherine, Wendy