Sunday, March 20, 2016

Stitching Along in March

As you're probably aware, I need to do some handwork from time to time. I can't keep up with a weekly post to share what I'm currently stitching but I found a group who post every three weeks  to show the progress they're making. And I get to play along!

I actually have a few things I've made that have never been featured on this blog. Hopefully this will give me the motivation to make sure you get to see those goodies in addition to whatever I happen to be working on at the moment. For now let me just show you my current hand project. 

I'm a big fan of the Stitch & Zip kits. Basically they are prefinished needlepoint projects. I like the little coin purse/credit card cases because they fit nicely in my small hands. And I like using them for my business and credit cards! I did that e-reader case for my friend C~  recently, and even that turned out well in the end. (By which I mean it didn't require heavy blocking like a pillow canvas would.) 

As winter was drawing to a close around here I felt the need for something cheerful and tropical. I chose this card case kit:


It was already halfway done when this picture was taken. I changed out one color from what was provided in the kit. The flamingo was supposed to be outlined/highlighted in red. I swapped that out for a dark pink instead.


Back in the day I experimented with all sorts of fancy needlepoint stitches. Now I find peace and relaxation by filling in swathes of color with simple basketweave stitching. I also like the way it looks on the back of the work.

And now it's all done. Ta-daa!


Color me happy. :- )

Now to go 'round the world to see what everyone else has been up to! You can click on the links below to see for yourself.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You have finished a WIP already. That's a first for this SAL. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do next. I love the tropical colours too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely, happy, sunny design! Can you add me to the list too, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh you first post and you're already happy dancing ^^
    well done Sue, it's a very colourful summer design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute! i haven't done needlepoint in years and i miss it......hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your first SAL finish, and here's to many more. I hadn't seen the zip and stitch kits before but they look like good fun, and practical too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely cheerful card case. Every time you look at it, I bet it makes you smile. =)

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.