The baby shower I learned about in mid-December is being held this weekend. I won't be able to be there, but it was my goal to have the baby quilt I've been working on ready to be presented at the shower. Goal achieved!
It's about 48" square, bound in blue since, according to reports, the expected infant is a boy. I didn't think to get pictures before I laundered it. The quilting was done with white thread so it was hard to see even before shrinkage happened. The quilt turned out fantastically crinkly and cushy though. (There's flannel on the back.)
The other finish also had a close deadline, the first of February (just to be on the safe side). I amazed myself yesterday by pruning the quilted sandwich, making binding, applying the binding by machine, and then hand stitching the binding down all the way around the twin size quilt. All in one day! With no apparent ill effect to my hands or shoulders - yet.
This is the first of the quilts for our twin granddaughters. Most of the blocks were made as a result of my participation in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015.
The second one is on the long-arm now. I'm a lot less concerned about getting the pair done in time for their birthday with one under my belt already. :- )
I chose a multi color print for the binding. It would have been nice if there had been enough for both quilts but that was not to be. However, it was gratifying to have a perfect place to use this print that had been in my stash for 20 years or more.
The quilting shows up really well on parts of the back:
Although it may not be as obvious once the quilt has been laundered. I used a Cicely Mary Baker panel and border print for the bulk of the back of both quilts. This one happens to be in pinks, the other is more blue and purple.
All in all I couldn't be more happy with the way these two quilts have turned out. I only hope the finishing of the second twin's quilt will go as smoothly as there's another project in the pipeline I'll want to be able to give my full attention to when all the parts are in hand.